Predict the Top Male & Female Hare and Top Male & Female 50 Miler and win $500!
- You must correctly predict all 4 winners – 100 Male and Female Hares, 50 Mile Male and Female!
- All 50 and 100 milers are eligible (one entry per runner). AND you must complete your race within your time limit!
- Entries must be submitted by email, no later than midnight Wednesday, September 7, 2022. Just list events and the names (i.e., 100 mile Male Hare – Donnie Darko)
While we will do our best to keep the ultrasignup list as current as possible with last minute entries and withdrawals, hey – no promises! It’s all part of the fun! Harvey’s handicapping hints below will help get you started.
HARVEY HANDICAPS THE 2022 HARES – MEN
HARVEY HANDICAPS THE 2022 HARES – WOMEN
HARVEY HANDICAPS THE 2022 50 MILE – MEN
HARVEY HANDICAPS THE 2022 50 MILE – WOMEN
1. Tyler Andrews, 32, Mass. – Winner Javelina 100k, almost always on the podium. Lightly raced and gets the nod in an evenly matched bunch if handles mountains and altitude.
2. Sam Beal, 27, Co.- 6th Quadrock 25, 3rd last year in Never Summer 60K, 2nd Golden Gate Dirty 30; winner Bear Chase. Young runner with room to improve.
3. Ryan Van Ness, 46, Co. – 4th in the 100 miler Tortoise here a number of year ago; was once 4th in RRR 50 too. Knows course, comfortable with altitude and distance. Masters runner would be no surprise.
4. Scott Mehring, 32, Co. – On the podium in all his races last couple years and looks like he’s improving.
5. Donnie Gray, 53, Utah – Grandmaster lightly raced at ultra distance but field has so far come up soft; have a funny feeling.
3. Debbie Issen, 32, Co. – Very lightly raced but third in recent Quadrock 25 might put her right in the mix. Could surprise.
4. Andrea Wilhelm, 42, Co. – Local runner knows course well and was 4th here last year, 6th in 2019. Should be in the mix again.
5. Katie Rozar, 29, Florida – Yeah, we know she’s a flat lander but gal has run some good ones out east. Dangerous if she handles altitude and mountains.
Do you think you know who the winners will be? Send us your picks and win $500! Bonus: Pick the top team as well and win another $500!
Check out our team entries:
Team1. UltraAspire #1 – Annie Hughes/Peter Mortimer
Team 2. UltrAspire #2 The Trail-Junkies – Rachel Lemke/Cory Logsdon
Team 3. Team Tailwind – Maggie Guterl/Kyle Curtin
Team 4. Devon Yanko/Adam Loomis
Team 5. Kacey Norbert/Nick Lewis