PRIZE MONEY and AWARDS
1st Place Male — $15,000
2nd Place Male — $8,500
3rd Place Male — $5,000
4th Place Male — $3,500
5th Place Male — $1,500
6th Place Male – $1,000
7th Place Male – $500
1st Place Female — $15,000
2nd Place Female — $8,500
3rd Place Female — $5,000
4th Place Female — $3,500
5th Place Female — $1,500
6th Place Female – $1,000
7th Place Female – $500
• Masters Premium (over 40) — $1,000 (minimum 4 starters) • Seniors Premium (over 50) -$500 (minimum 4 starters)
• Both male and female, top 7 prize money requires 30 starters each.
• All women over 50 and men over 60 who are official finishers earn free entry into the 2022 race.
The small print….
To avoid 30% withholding on your prize money, U.S. and Resident Foreign Athletes must provide a form W‐9 with valid social security number. A Form 1099 will be issued at year end to all athletes receiving compensation of $600 or more in a given year. All athletes who are citizens of foreign countries, also known as non‐resident athletes (NRAs) will be subject to 30% withholding of the total prize money as required by the IRS. This amount will be credited toward any US taxes owed at year end. If a NRA is interested in trying to lower the withholding rate, they may apply for a Central Withholding Agreement at least 45 days prior to event.
For more information please visit the IRS’s web‐site at https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International‐Taxpayers/Taxation‐of‐Foreign‐Athletes‐and‐Entertainers
New this year – Win an additional $5,000 in the Run, Rabbit, Run Team Challenge!
Rules for the Team Challenge*:
- A team consist of one woman and one man.
- Fastest combined times win! Both runners must finish within the allowed time!
- Both team members must run as Hares in our 100 mile race and follow all Hare rules.
- You must provide us with your team names no later than September 1, 2022 (you can switch or change until then).
- Winning team receives $5,000 ($2,500 per runner). All entrants are still eligible for individual prize money!
* Must be a minimum of five teams entered in the Team Challenge.
Predict the Top Male & Female Hare and Top Male & Female 50 Miler and win $500!
- You must correctly predict all 4 winners – 100 Male and Female Hares, 50 Mile Male and Female!
- All 50 and 100 milers are eligible (one entry per runner). AND you must complete your race within your time limit!
- Entries must be submitted by email, no later than midnight Wednesday, September 7, 2022. Just list events and the names (i.e., 100 mile Male Hare – Donnie Darko)
While we will do our best to keep the ultrasignup list as current as possible with last minute entries and withdrawals, hey – no promises! It’s all part of the fun! Harvey’s handicapping hints below will help get you started.
HARVEY HANDICAPS THE 2022 HARES – MEN
HARVEY HANDICAPS THE 2022 HARES – WOMEN
HARVEY HANDICAPS THE 2022 50 MILE – MEN
HARVEY HANDICAPS THE 2022 50 MILE – WOMEN
1. Tyler Andrews, 32, Mass. – Winner Javelina 100k, almost always on the podium. Lightly raced and gets the nod in an evenly matched bunch if handles mountains and altitude.
2. Sam Beal, 27, Co.- 6th Quadrock 25, 3rd last year in Never Summer 60K, 2nd Golden Gate Dirty 30; winner Bear Chase. Young runner with room to improve.
3. Ryan Van Ness, 46, Co. – 4th in the 100 miler Tortoise here a number of year ago; was once 4th in RRR 50 too. Knows course, comfortable with altitude and distance. Masters runner would be no surprise.
4. Scott Mehring, 32, Co. – On the podium in all his races last couple years and looks like he’s improving.
5. Donnie Gray, 53, Utah – Grandmaster lightly raced at ultra distance but field has so far come up soft; have a funny feeling.
3. Debbie Issen, 32, Co. – Very lightly raced but third in recent Quadrock 25 might put her right in the mix. Could surprise.
4. Andrea Wilhelm, 42, Co. – Local runner knows course well and was 4th here last year, 6th in 2019. Should be in the mix again.
5. Katie Rozar, 29, Florida – Yeah, we know she’s a flat lander but gal has run some good ones out east. Dangerous if she handles altitude and mountains.
Check out our team entries:
Team1. UltraAspire #1 – Annie Hughes/Peter Mortimer
Team 2. UltrAspire #2 The Trail-Junkies – Rachel Lemke/Cory Logsdon
Team 3. Team Tailwind – Maggie Guterl/Kyle Curtin
Team 4. Team Aldy – Devon Yanko/Adam Loomis
Team 5. Kacey Norbert/Nick Lewis
Team 6. The Laramie Slo-Poke Cowboys – Laura Stamp/Thomas Dean