Hey, Bunnies and Turtles,
Getting ready? Getting a bit of the heebie-jeebies? You should be! Race day is about two weeks away, and here are some important updates and reminders:
1. Our pre-race briefings will be held at Pool Tent at The Grand Hotel. For those of you who've run our race before this is not the same pool tent as the Sheraton's where we've met before. You"ll be very disappointed and frustrated if you look for the Sheraton's pool tent. It's not there.
To get to The Grand Hotel Pool Tent walk through the Grand's lobby. The Grand is the Hotel directly opposite the Ski Basin Transit Center, where you will leave your drop bags (basically across the street from the free covered parking lot). And after you've completed your little journey, drop bags will be returned to the Grand Pool Tent.
2. Saturday, August 26 (that's this Saturday) is the deadline to come to your senses and withdraw from the 100 or the 50 and get your partial credit for next year.
3. Sunday, August 27 (that's this Sunday) is the deadline to change from Tortoise to Hare, or vice versa, or to opt for the early start for the 50, or to otherwise make changes before we start assigning bib numbers. (There are only two starters eligible for the 100 mile early start AND WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!)
4. Tuesday, September 5th is the deadline to submit your selections for our annual 500 simolie giveaway. Rules and our resident pooka Harvey's selections are on the prize page of our website.
5. This year, unlike in past years, we will require race day, final check in. 7:00 am to 7:45 am on Friday for Tortoises, 11:00 am to 11:45 am for Hares; Saturday 5:00 to 5:45 am for 50 milers. If you're an early starter, an hour earlier. If you don't check in, you'll be considered a non-starter (and you don"t want THAT to happen, do you?)
Finally, thanks to each and every one of you that made an extra contribution to our charities. Last year we contributed over $28,000 to local charities (most of them benefitting kids) and we're hoping to do better this year. Thanks to everyone for making this possible.
AND (really finally) they"ll be some big news shortly about our 2018 race. Stay tuned!
Harvey and the Gang at the HutchHarvey,